- Ph.D. in technical communication and rhetoric
- Customer focused, join forces, own outcomes, work fearlessly
- 20 years as college instructor: web authoring and multimedia writing
- 20 years in industry: brand, UX, and instructional content direction/creation
- Content: inspire/define/deliver correct, concise content and strategies
- Leadership: mentor, inspire, promote, grow high-performing talent
2023 - CurrentKironos, LLC
- Work with clients to evaluate their brand needs and offer solutions to fit their organization
- Create formal brand plans to determine audience, brand position, story, slogans, and content direction for marketing, website, UX, and public relations
- Establish and evolve company brand voice & tone, creating brand strategies, narratives, personas, and style guides
2021 - CurrentDoxxa
- Consult with senior management on feasibility and logic of potential investments
- Meet with clients to evaluate issues and offer solutions, products, and services that best meet their needs
- Suggest branding, UX, and product feature changes, and implementations to meet client's customer needs
2003 - CurrentArizona State University
Web Authoring Instructor
- Instructed 3,500+ students over 20 years in Web Authoring and Writing for Digital Media courses.
- Teach students techniques that drive CX for multiple web audiences, identify/solve usability issues, and plan/create content for the web.
2017 - 2023GoDaddy
Copy Director / Brand Writing Manager
Brand Direction • Management • Writing
- Evaluated/tested company voice & tone, then presented new direction, persona, manifesto, voice & tone, and style guide application.
- Managed, mentored, and inspired super-talented writers — who delivered dazzling marketing, FoS, social media, UX, and email copy — ever-helping them to advance their careers.
- Directed content strategy and creation, provided strategic collaboration on various deliverables, and participated in testing for writing across many channels.
- Provided creative direction, deliverables, and testing for writing across multiple channels, ensuring it's in our brand voice.
- Evolved GoDaddy's voice & tone by owning/authoring Brand Writing Style Guide and collaborating w/ teams to create channel-specific guides, playbooks and libraries.
- Wrote for high-visibility projects like the GoDaddy Careers and Design sites, customer events, and TLD rebranding.
2007 - 2017GoDaddy
Sr. UX Writer / Content Designer
Content Design/Strategy • UX Writing
- Produced content strategy and UX content for Hosting, Website Builder, Mobile, and Email.
- Scripted, recorded, served as voice talent, and built instructional on-screen video tutorials.
- Created walkthrough guides and online tutorials to assist customers through process flows.
- Established/maintained UX content style guide.
- Wrote UX documentation for all site builder applications.
- Composed marketing and FoS content.
2003 - 2005Corpedia Education
Managing Editor / Instructional Designer
- Managed in-house and outsourced writers, supervising research and writing.
- Edited course scripts for content, style, and instructional integrity.
- Built instructional content outlines for web-based courseware.
- Interviewed SMEs and researched to develop course content.
2000 - 2003Unicon Inc.
Elearning / Client Services Team Lead
- Researched/analyzed developer and engineer content.
- Built elearning courses in an academic portal.
- Created documents to create and track course creation/updates.
- Trained/monitored team, improving quality and accuracy.
- Created policies, procedures, and canned responses.
Texas Tech University
Doctorate of Philosophy
Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Arizona State university
Master of Arts
Arizona State University
Bachelor of Arts
Religious Studies / Minor in Anthropology
Brand: Establishing voice & tone
Content Strategy: Articulating, delivering
Editing: Ensuring correct, concise content
Style Guides: Creating comprehensive guides
Leadership: Mentoring/motivating with empathy
Improvement: Reviewing, editing, and feedback
Careers: Preparing and aligning to leveling guides
Winning: With data and rationale
- Brand Writing
- Brand Strategy
- Content Strategy
- Copy Direction
- Social Media
- Time Management
- Joining Forces
- Owning Outcomes
- Customer Obsessed
- Sweat the Small Stuff: The importance of page-level content and your style guide
UX Magazine — March 2016
- Build your own website vs. hiring a web pro
GoDaddy Garage — September 2013
- New Media in the Online Classroom
Rocky Mountain Communication — August 2009
- Expanding Composition Audiences with Podcasting
Computers & Composition Online — Spring 2007
- 2005 Intel ISEF Technical Competition
Intercom Magazine — July 2005