Who i am
Brand Writing Manager and Web Authoring Instructor
I’m the Brand Writing Manager at GoDaddy, heading up an über-creative team of writers who deliver spot-on, engaging words.
I’ve a Ph.D. in Tech Comm and Rhetoric from TTU and have been teaching web authoring at ASU since 2003.
I’m into brand writing, content design, user experience, new media, elearning, digital orality, and rhetoric.
I’m into writing stories/poetry/fiction, electronic music, antique typewriters, 1920s – 70s blues, running, CBGs, classic British motorbikes, ink, and fiction.
- Ph.D. in technical communication and rhetoric
- 17 years’ industry experience in brand, user experience, and content creation
- 17 years’ experience instructing collegiate multimedia writing and web authoring course
- People and content management, ensuring consistently concise, accurate, relevant content
Elearning Associate / Client Services Team Lead
- Researched and analyzed content from developers and engineers.
- Built elearning courses in an academic portal.
- Created documents for creating and tracking course creation and updates.
- Quality checked courses and made structural, grammatical, and aesthetic revisions.
- Trained and monitored team members via weekly assessments and quarterly reviews.
- Created policies, procedures, and canned responses for Client Services Specialists.
Managing Editor/Instructional Designer
- Managed in-house and outsourced writers, supervising research and writing.
- Edited course scripts for content, style, and instructional integrity.
- Built instructional content outlines for web-based courseware.
- Interviewed subject matter experts and performed research to develop course content.
Instructor - Technical Communication Program
- Instruct Principles of Web Authoring and Fundamentals of Writing for Digital Media online (first two years in a classroom setting).
Brand Writing Manager
- Brand Writing
- Manage a team of creative-as-all-get-out brand writers who deliver dazzling marketing, front-of-site, social media, UX, and email copy for NA and global markets.
- Edit and shape them writers and review outgoing content to ensure it's on-brand and does the trick.
- Update and tout the Brand Writing Style Guide, keepin' it fresh, edgy, and unique as Tom Waits.
- Write high-visibility stuff like the GoDaddy Careers and Design sites.
Senior UX Writer – User Experience Department
- Content Strategy
- UX/Tech Writing
- Instructional Design
- Produced content strategy and UX content for Hosting, Website Builder, Mobile, and Email.
- Scripted, recorded, and built instructional on-screen video tutorials and served as narrator.
- Created walkthrough guides and online tutorials to assist customers.
- Created and maintained the UX department content style guide.
- Wrote UX support documentation for site builder applications.
- Wrote marketing and front-of-site content.
- html markup
Sed non neque elit. Sed ut imperdiet nisi. Proin condimentum fermentum nunc. Etiam pharetra, erat sed fermentum feugiat, velit mauris egestas quam, ut aliquam massa nisl quis neque. Suspendisse in orci enim.
Texas Tech University – Lubbock, Texas 2012 – Doctor of Philosophy, Technical Communication and Rhetoric Arizona State University – Tempe, Arizona 2002 – Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, Multimedia Writing and Technical Communication 2003 – Master of Arts, Religious Studies 1999 – Bachelor of Arts, Religious Studies, Minor in Anthropology
What i do
A bit of a real life tale of the woes of growing a yeard ('at's a year-long beard, for those not in the know). Published in the Piker Press.
- Piker Press